Nearpod Author’s Program Accepts ME!

It’s been a little while in the making, but I have now become a published Nearpod Author! It took a little time because I typically used Nearpod as an assessment/activity tool. I didn’t use it in a classroom for explaining a concept. Usually, I used a Nearpod lesson after instruction was given. Nearpod’s Author Program wants lessons that are fully developed to teach a concept and assess the students’ understanding. Lessons need to include video and websites which introduce or reinforce the concept presented. They have a great checklist and resources to create visually appealing lessons. I’m excited to have an opportunity to assist other educators with lessons that they can use in their classrooms. If you use Nearpod and are interested in becoming a Nearpod Author take a look here.

So far I have lessons developed for 1st-2nd Grade Math on topics of Time, Geometry, Skip Counting, Money, & soon to be Graphs. Each lesson has been Common Core aligned and take approximately 40 minutes to deliver. Embedded below is an example lesson on Money.

3 comments for “Nearpod Author’s Program Accepts ME!

1. Melissa Winkler
    May 10, 2018 at 3:19 pm

Hello! This question may be tacky, but I wanted to ask if the compensation is worth it. Was it a very strenuous process to get approved? Also I see this post is several years old. Are you still participating in the program? Is it worth it? Thought about applying, but I haven’t found any commentary from teachers who are part of the author program. Thank you for your time. 🙂

• Mr. G.
      May 11, 2018 at 7:57 am

Hi Melissa,

To be perfectly honest, I don’t know. I applied for the program and when I did, the process was selecting a particular content area and age group with a submission of 20 lessons. The first five are posted for free in the Nearpod store. The next fifteen are then paid lessons, you receive a payment for the fifteen when the last one is submitted and then there will be stipends for the number of downloads after that. There are a lot of requirements to your lessons (which I would expect), but I never applied for the money. I stopped after submitting my first five mainly because my actual job switched gears and I was no longer in an Elementary environment (which was my selected age group). I know currently the Author’s program is being revamped and I might one day get back to submitting the rest of my lessons. Hope this helps…

• melissa winkler
        May 11, 2018 at 10:29 am

yes thank you so much! 🙂