How Can We See Superman Fly?

For the third year in a row, I was invited to one of my district’s elementary schools for their annual Math/Science Day (previous posts: 2016 & 2017).

My teammates also joined me and the session wouldn’t have happened without them, huge thank you goes out to Stacey, Laura, and Kim!

The TL;DR version is simply two parts focused on green screening. The first part I head up by running a Nearpod lesson (embedded below) which shows examples of green screening in action. Nearpod allows it to be interactive; the highlight of the lesson is a virtual exploration of a green screen studio. The second part is where students get a chance to have their picture taken in front of the green screen, facilitated by my teammates. For the second year in a row, the day takes place on the school day before St. Patrick’s Day. Thankfully, not many of the students wore green, but the same can’t be said for some of the teachers.

Embedded is the Nearpod lesson (self-paced mode).

How do we see Superman fly? I would love to see what you learned from this lesson in the comments below.