FREE Learning Opportunity This Summer w/ Me

Over the last 3 years, I’ve been stationed in a middle school as their Teacher Resource Specialist for Technology (technology coach). One way I have offered learning opportunities is by creating ‘Assignments’ in our school’s Google Classroom. These activities are examples of how to incorporate technology in their instruction. I do this with the hope that a teacher may find inspiration for their subject’s content and design a learning activity for their students. I want to expand this to other teachers, because I find that as a teacher completes one and talks to me about it, we both learn together. So my hope is this summer I will post 2-3 ‘Assignments’ each week and we can learn together. If you are interested please join my Google Classroom by going to classroom.google.com, click the “+” button in the top, right-hand corner, and enter code: cvbaw2y

***Update*** If you can’t join the Classroom on your District GSuite Account it is probably because there is a setting turned on which prevents “outside the domain” connecting of Classrooms. Your options are: ask your network administrator to change that setting or join with your personal Google Account.

My plan is to start posting ‘Assignments’ in this Classroom on June 15 & run it through August 15. Everything is optional & FREE. I hope you consider joining, even just to check it out.

7 comments for “FREE Learning Opportunity This Summer w/ Me

1. Steven Secord
    June 5, 2018 at 2:45 pm

Heard about this on the House of EdTech podcast. Would love to check it out however I am getting an error when I try to log in with my normal Google Classroom account from my institution. The code works with a personal account.
    Any idea why I can’t use my institutional account? It is the one I would usually use for this sort of thing. If necessary I can use my personal account but figured others might have a similar problem.
    Look forward to learning and sharing this summer!

• Mr. G.
      June 5, 2018 at 2:53 pm

Hi Steven,

Yes, you are not the first, I had someone reach out on Twitter and I should probably place an update in the blog about this. As I’ve discovered, there is a setting in the Google Admin Panel which restricts outside the domain joining of Classrooms. This can be turned off by whoever is the network administrator. My own district decided against that, which is why I’m using my personal account. Glad to have you join us!

• Steven Secord
        June 5, 2018 at 3:08 pm

No worries… Personal account it is. That’s the first time I’ve experienced that so wasn’t sure if it was me or not.
        Thanks for the follow-up.

2. Ruth Replogle
    June 3, 2018 at 2:30 pm

Please include me. I am one of the “go to” people in my building, and I need to absorb as much as possible this summer.

• Mr. G.
      June 4, 2018 at 8:10 am

Hi Ruth, I’m glad you want to join in! I sent an invite to your email address.

3. Linda Treilman
    June 1, 2018 at 10:20 am

Definitely interested in checking this out.

Linda Treilman

• Mr. G.
      June 1, 2018 at 10:41 am

Glad to have you join, Linda!