Give It Away Now!… #EdublogsClub

This post is part of the #EdublogsClub – a group of educators and educational technology enthusiasts that blog around a common theme each week. Simply write a post and share it (via social media w/ #edublogsclub or posting a link as a comment to that topic’s posting on the Edublogger site) to join in, or sign up to receive email reminders of each new prompt. 

Prompt: Write a post that includes a “giveaway,” whether that is a lesson, a PDF, or something else. 

Just make sure it is something you’ve created (preferably) or something you have the copyrights to share.

Some ideas to get you started:

• Write a post about the importance of sharing ideas to create better student outcomes for everyone.
  • Discuss times when you felt you did not want to share your ideas and why “giving away” this one is important.
  • Share a time someone used an idea without permission and why plagiarism in the real world matters.
  • What value do ideas have and why does giving them credit matter?

I try to share everything I post on here so if it may help someone else, then they can use it. Recently, I have been creating activities using ThingLink’s VR/360° editor. They are Breakout Edu styled activities. The beginning of the month, I was contacted asking if there was a way to get a ‘teacher guide’ version of my planning docs.

Sure! In fact, let me add an item to my ThingLinks for others…

Now when an educator reaches out, I share a ‘view only’ version of the planning doc for educators that has the combinations as well as where the clue is to solve that lock.

What have you shared lately? I would like to read about it in the comments below.

2 comments for “Give It Away Now!… #EdublogsClub

1. April 11, 2017 at 3:18 pm

Dan,
    Thanks for this. I just spent some time checking out ThingLink. I got an account and signed up for a webinar, as I can’t figure out much about it just by looking around. I like the idea of your digital Breakout EDU-style VR 360 games. I don’t see any links in your post, though. Can you share the link more specifically, or am I missing something?

Coincidentally, I just shared a link to my creation of a Breakout EDU game for this week’s #edublogsclub post.

Thanks again,
    Denise

• Mr. G.
      April 11, 2017 at 5:09 pm

Denise, I’m sorry for not including links, this one will take you to the category #TL_Breakout which will have all the posts for creating ThingLink VR/360° Breakouts. If you have any questions at any time, please let me know!